Are you at risk of Skin Cancer?
Preventing skin cancer is also about knowing your risk level. The most effective management is early detection and treatment.
Complete the simple risk prediction tool which has been developed by doctors and researchers so you can quickly calculate your skin cancer risk and recognize the early signs of skin cancer. You don’t need any special skills – simply answer ten easy questions and take a few minutes to SCAN your skin.
It’s your doctor’s job to diagnose skin cancer, but you will know better than anyone else if something on your skin is Sore, Changing, Abnormal or New. Remember – together with sun protection, early detection is your best defence against skin cancer.
- What if your skin hasn’t always been protected?
- Maybe you can’t always avoid the sun?
- Perhaps there is a history of skin cancer in your family?
Complete the online risk prediction tool to calculate your skin cancer risk.
What should I know about skin cancer?
- Australia and New Zealand have the highest incidence of skin cancer in the world
- Skin cancers account for around 80% of all newly diagnosed cancers
- More than 90% of skin cancers are caused by exposure to the sun
- Melanoma is the most common life threatening cancer in the 15 to 44 year age group
- Melanoma is the third most common life threatening cancer in both men & women overall